Seeking: Manager, Expo Hall Volunteers
TEDxMB is looking for a leader to join our team. We need someone who will take full ownership of the volunteer process for the Expo Hall portion of the event. We are looking for someone who will bring excitement and collaboration to the table while they assess, develop strategy and manage the process for volunteers who will be helping in and around the expo hall portion of the event. You will be the key point of contact for the 50+ volunteers.
- Work with existing TEDxMB team to develop a strategy for managing the volunteer process
- Work with auditorium volunteer manager to collaborate and work together on a holistic volunteer plan
- Develop team (Zone Managers), as needed, to implement plan
- Develop outline of jobs and descriptions needed to be filled by the volunteers
- Work with Volunteer coordinator to secure volunteers for the expo hall portion of the event with assistance from TEDxMB team (approximately 50% returning/50% new recruits)
- Work directly with Mira Costa High School teachers to recruit students as
volunteers in exchange for extra credit
- Assign volunteers to time slots and roles; provide training as needed
- Adopt or develop new systems for organizing, communications and check-in of volunteers
- Adopt or bring in new technology to manage the process (ex: SignUpGenius)
- Main point of contact and communication for all expo hall volunteers
- Manage volunteers onsite at the event to ensure everyone has a responsibility and has been briefed on their role
- Available September through November 12th for weekly meetings and event
- Excited to be part of the TED and local South Bay community
- Organized and thorough with communication/emails
- Ability to manage large groups of people
- Ability to communicate effectively on radio
- Ability to problem solve and act quickly
- Event production/volunteer management experience a plus
- This is a volunteer, non-paid position
If you are interested in the opportunity, please send all inquires and resumes to email@example.com.
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We are also looking for dedicated, driven volunteers who want to join our team and carry out a unique and energizing event!
A few examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Greeter/check-in desk
- Door monitor
- Chauffeur speakers
- Curation & coaching team
- Exhibit hall team
- Hospitality team
- Marketing street team
- Student intern
- …and more!
Benefits of volunteering with TEDxManhattanBeach:
- An opportunity to network with some of Manhattan Beach’s greatest innovators and change-makers
- Playing a role in building a strong, diverse community
- Giving back to your community (feels really good!)
If you’re interested in being part of TEDxManhattanBeach, let us know by completing the form below.